|green (green) wrote,|
@ 2013-01-15 11:00 am UTC
|Entry tags:||challenge: snowflake|
favorite fannish moments:
1. a conversation I had with someone while I was on the fringes (yahoo chatroom) of buffy fandom —
me: I like Buffy and Faith.
her: really? do you like femslash?
me: *trying to parse the word, thinking slash=fighting monsters* YES!
her: I write Buffy/Faith and Buffy/Willow. want to read some?
her: *sends me to her yahoo group*
me: *gets EDUCATED FAST*
2. finding WeBOB, Val's old Spike-luvin' board. Meeting so many wonderful ficcers and vidders, some of whom are lifelong friends now.
3. WriterCon, Vegas! meeting my writing hero, Jane Epsenson. meeting my ladycat and so many other fabulous people. getting dolled up and dancing at 80s night in House of Blues.
4. WriterCon, Atlanta! being a faily panel person! meeting moar people! getting dolled up and drunk and kissing many many of the people I met. hanging out with smart people. (and sadly, being too wasted to do anything about the HOT GIRL IN MY BED)
5. Visiting Eunice, who fed me a delicious course of SGA and due South, thus getting me involved in the fandoms. Watching Peacekeeper Wars for the first time with Eunice. Meeting Luna.
6. MOAR of the visiting of Eunice. (have I mentioned lately that Eunice is my FAVORITE?) Meeting some of the Chicago crowd. Seeing Empires LIVE and buying CDs directly from Sean, but being too chickenshit to ask for an autograph.
7. Discovering MCR. Reading the first fic and then asking my flist "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THESE GUYS ARE SUCH DORKS?" Because I fell in love with Gerard and Frank and Ray and Mikey and Bob all at once, because of their nerdiness and dorkitude. I'd not been interested before because I thought 'rockstars, ugh'. But NO. They're DORKS.
8. OH, and I forgot to mention HARRY POTTER. OMG. Going into the books completely unspoiled. Gasping when Tom Riddle was VOLDEMORT. (I was slow, okay?) Secretly wishing for Draco/Hermione hatesex, and I don't even LIKE hatesex. Falling in love with Snape. Immediately falling into Snarry and Snape & Harry genfic. Not coming out for a year.
9. RPing. Cowriting.
10. Reading Chicago's Most Wanted for the first time. Sharing this fic (the only one I've ever done this with) with mom. (Skip the sexy bits, mom, just read the STORY!)
11. Introducing my boys to Doctor Who. Listening to them bicker over who the best companion is. (DJ says Amy, Zachary says Jack, I say ALL OF THE COMPANIONS)
12. Getting podficced for the first time.
13. Falling into Teen Wolf fandom headfirst. Meeting all these new and exciting people!
14. DREAMWIDTH. *happy sighs*
15. AO3! *cuddles the archive*